I’m 7 weeks today. Yay! I’ve been so sick and tired that I remain optimistic.
My blood work came back on Friday. My hCG didn’t double, which has me a little disappointed. Why could it just be off the charts?! BUT, my doctor is happy with the rise, so I’m not going to freak out about it. (yes I want to freak out a little) But I’m so sick, so that’s allowing me to stay hopeful!
- The call from the doctor came early. I know I’m reaching, but I feel like doctors call early with good news because they don’t want to make you wait! And it’s easier to make a good phone call, so it’s an easier call to make. So that’s one of the signs.
- I’m sick almost all day long! Not enough to throw up, but clearly nauseous for a majority of the day. I’m sure this means my hormones are soaring!
- My breasts are tender. This and the sickness really make me happy. I’ve read that other women feel the symptoms stop, and sure enough, they find out the pregnancy isn’t viable or even that it was a blighted ovum. I think I already posted this article, but it explains what a blighted ovum is.
- High progesterone! I keep forgetting, the doctor said my high progesterone was a sign that there are twins! And twins means there is a higher chance that at least one of them will be viable. To some this might sound strange, but having gone through fertility treatments and IVF, I’ve come to understand that when you start with 2, you have a higher chance of having a baby. Sadly, this is because if you lose one, you still have the other.
- Fetal pole. When I get one of those nervous feelings, like this is all too good to be true, I remember that she saw a “strong fetal pole”. Omg! I want to explain fetal pole – I love what I found on Wikipedia! My doctor said my fetal pole was strong at 6 weeks, which makes me feel good since Wikipedia said it’s possible to not see that until 9 weeks. Yay, another thing making me feel good!
One thing that keeps bothering me is that we didn’t see the heartbeat. Grrr, the darkness of wanting a baby and not knowing if it’s happening. I am so blessed to have 2 children. But that doesn’t change how much I want this baby. This baby was God’s plan. *Pray*
But I go back on the 20th for a follow up ultrasound. That will be the true tell if I have a viable pregnancy. *Pray*
If you want to keep up with my journey, go here to give me your deets. I’ll send you an email when I make a new post. Thanks for your prayers and support!